Stand With Feingold

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

A Pos t for Time

I am a nontheist Quaker of sorts. You may call me an atheist, but I don't find the label befitting, because I am not certain that there is no God. I do not mean to convert anyone to Q.uakerism, but I like their ways. I consider myself a Christian because I believe in the morality of the ways of Jesus.

I do not claim to know with absolute certainty what is moral and
and ammoral, but I have my convictions, and I hold them very deeply when I hold them. I do not believe in faith based on certainty.

I do, however, believe in the certainty that can be found in the present and in unleashing your creative potential in self or group expression.

While I do not disapprove of the Quaker ways, I do believe that, as in any religion, Quakers or "Friends" are prone to getting caught up in their own beliefs. While the meeting (otherwise known as a church) that I have been involved in for several months has been very beneficial to me perspectivally, I do not feel any force pulling me toward religion at this point in my life, though I do consider it interesting and very able to provide insight, even if it may be false insight.

But, if we endevour to live searching for the greatest wisdom that abounds, we can live very meaningful lives.

This means challenging ourselves when we can and playing new games. We needn't not struggle all the time, but, when we are morally challenged, we must push back, and hopefully in the "right" direction.

My faith is in humanity, and the diversity of experience that abounds. I, as many of my blogmates also have, find blogging to be a great way to commune and express myself, and even form my own little communities.

The strength of our communities are the measure of our true strength. May you and yours grow stronger.

Love and Peace,

Peter/Peaches

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home